Mexico-China Workshop on Nano: Materials / Science / Technology
for Renewable Energy and Environmental Remediation
NEWS for Mexican students: La Agencia Mexicana de Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrollo (AMEXCID) administra y difunde las convocatorias de becas que gobiernos extranjeros ofrecen a mexicanos. Entre ellas, las ofertas para estudiar Licenciatura, Maestría y Doctorado tienen FECHA APROXIMADA DE APERTURA en Febrero. Consulta la pagina AMEXCID Becas y cursos de cooperación académica
The NANOMXCN Project started in 2015, see summary below, to promote the collaboration in Science and Technology between Mexico and China, including the Hong Kong SAR. We are a group of scientific researchers who think that timing is right for the academic and scientific communities of Mexico, China, and Hong Kong to step up efforts to promote the rational maximization and creation of collaborative opportunities. We invite you to join this effort and to take part of the first
NANOMXCN Workshop on Nanosafety and Nanotoxicology – 2018 (download programme)
Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes, 26 Feb – 01 Mar, 2018
Part of NANOMXCN-2018 events
The enhanced and tailored properties exhibited by engineered nanomaterials (ENMs) enable them as excellent candidates in numerous applications. Although many benefits can be encountered by these ENMs, a sustainable production-use should always be followed to minimize potential, and still not well understood, risks associated with these materials. Numerous environmental regulation agencies are nowadays trying to implement reproducible protocols for the evaluation of the toxicity of these materials, however, many limitations are still encountered. Accordingly, numerous research groups work on the development of in-vitro or in-vivo strategies for the toxicity evaluation of these materials. The NANOMXCN Workshop on Nanosafety and Nanotechnology – 2018 will provide an international forum for close interaction between graduate students and prominent scientist interested in the development of joint collaborations and scientific exchanges to address these issues. The scientific discussions will focus on advanced strategies for the development of standardized and reproducible techniques for the evaluation of the biocompatibility and/or toxicity of ENMs
The NANOMXCN Project:
This website is under renovation, please visit us again!
NANOMXCN-2016, took part in City University of Hong Kong, 4-6 December, 2016
The 2016 book of abstracts can be downloaded here
Securing efficient and cost-effective solutions to provide green energy and environment remediation are shared critical priorities of many countries: adequate solutions provide invaluable benefits for society whereas, if left unattended, have the potential to spiral into severe problems or regional crisis. NANOMXCN-2016 will provide an international forum for prominent scientist interested in the development of joint collaborations and scientific exchanges to address these issues. The scientific discussions will focus on advanced strategies enabled by nanomaterials, nanoscience, and nanotechnology, for the optimization of the physical, chemical, and functional properties of the materials used in the development of next generation solutions to these pressing issues.
Major topics for discussion:
- Control of the nano- and micro- structure and composition of materials
- Optimization of the physical and chemical properties of nanomateriales and their response to environmental conditions
- Novel strategies to harness the benefits of enhanced surface-to-volume ratio and particle/quasiparticle confinement
- Use of nanostructured system design for enhanced device performance
NANOMXCN provides a specialised forum for prominent scientist of China, including Hong Kong SAR, and Mexico interested in the development of joint collaborations and scientific exchange to address these issues.
Fundamental of NANOMXCNs proposal is the renewed interest between Mexico and China to establish increased cooperation links in many fields including science and technology. NANOMXCN-2016 builds from the success of the first event that took place in Cancun, Mexico the 15 and 16, August 2015. The second part of NANOMXCN series of scientific workshops and meetings hosted in City University of Hong Kong on 4-6 Dec, 2016.
Call for abstracts on topics including, but not limited, to:
- New synthesis and surface engineering methods for the fabrication of nanomaterials
- Hierarchical nano-to-micro control of structure and composition
- Energy harvesting and storage
- Hard nanostructured surfaces for optical/optoelectronic applications
- Corrosion resistant nanostructured surfaces with enhanced catalytic properties
- Plasmonic effects for ultrasensitive detection of pollutants and photo-catalysis
- Nanoporous surfaces and membranes
- Nanotechnologies for environmental remediation
- Water purification, desalination, and disinfection
- Air purification, air and surfaces
- Advanced characterization and control of interfaces and device performance
- Computer modeling for characterization and optimization of nano systems and devices