Mexico-China Workshop on Nano: Materials / Science / Technology, Renewable Energy and Environmental Remediation
Dates: 04-06 December, 2016 (Su-Tu)
The book of abstracts can be downloaded here
Securing efficient and cost-effective solutions to provide green energy and environment remediation are shared critical priorities of many countries: adequate solutions provide invaluable benefits for society whereas, if left unattended, have the potential to spiral into severe problems or regional crisis. NANOMXCN-2016 will provide an international forum for prominent scientist interested in the development of joint collaborations and scientific exchanges to address these issues. The scientific discussions will focus on advanced strategies enabled by nanomaterials, nanoscience, and nanotechnology, for the optimization of the physical, chemical, and functional properties of the materials used in the development of next generation solutions to these pressing issues.
Major topics for discussion:
- Control of the nano- and micro- structure and composition of materials
- Optimization of the physical and chemical properties of nanomateriales and their response to environmental conditions
- Novel strategies to harness the benefits of enhanced surface-to-volume ratio and particle/quasiparticle confinement
- Use of nanostructured system design for enhanced device performance
NANOMXCN provides a specialised forum for prominent scientist of China, including Hong Kong SAR, and Mexico interested in the development of joint collaborations and scientific exchange to address these issues.
Fundamental of NANOMXCNs proposal is the renewed interest between Mexico and China to establish increased cooperation links in many fields including science and technology. NANOMXCN-2016 builds from the success of the first event that took place in Cancun, Mexico the 15 and 16, August 2015. The second part of NANOMXCN series of scientific workshops and meetings hosted in City University of Hong Kong on 4-6 Dec, 2016.
Call for abstracts on topics including, but not limited, to:
- New synthesis and surface engineering methods for the fabrication of nanomaterials
- Hierarchical nano-to-micro control of structure and composition
- Energy harvesting and storage
- Hard nanostructured surfaces for optical/optoelectronic applications
- Corrosion resistant nanostructured surfaces with enhanced catalytic properties
- Plasmonic effects for ultrasensitive detection of pollutants and photo-catalysis
- Nanoporous surfaces and membranes
- Nanotechnologies for environmental remediation
- Water purification, desalination, and disinfection
- Air purification, air and surfaces
- Advanced characterization and control of interfaces and device performance
- Computer modeling for characterization and optimization of nano systems and devices