Mexico-China Workshop on Nano: Materials / Science / Technology, Renewable Energy and Environmental Remediation
NANOMXCN-2017: 19-20 August, 2017
XXVI International Materials Research Congress: 20-25 August, 2017
NANOMXCN-2017 is part of XXVI IMRC: please submit your abstract here
We are pleased to invite you to take part in the third NANOMXCN: “Mexico-China Workshop on Nano Materials / Science / Technology: Renewable Energy and Environmental Remediation” 19-20 Aug, 2017; and the XXVI International Materials Research Congress (IMRC), 20-25 Aug, 2017 in Cancun, Mexico.. The NANOMXCN Project aims to promote the collaboration between Mexico and China, including the Hong Kong SAR. During the two previous years, we had strong support from CONACYT, Mexico’s National Council for Science and Technology, organizing a similar meetings in Mexico (2015) and Hong Kong (2016).
We are a group of scientific researchers who think that timing is right for the academic and scientific communities of Mexico, China, and Hong Kong to step up efforts to promote the rational maximization and creation of collaborative opportunities. The outcome from our previous two meetings demonstrates that the funding bodies from both countries have interest for increasing the cooperation in S&T between Mexico and China and we kindly invite you to join our efforts in this direction.
The IMRC is the largest Materials Research congress in the country gathering about 1500 attendees from Mexico and different countries, being the USA the second in importance due to the association between the Mexican and the American Materials Research Societies.
Final words. The vision of NANOMXCN is to promote further academic and research collaboration between China, including Hong Kong SAR, and Mexico. We hope you will be able to join this effort. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need additional information.
This website is under renovation, please visit us again!
NANOMXCN-2016, took part in City University of Hong Kong, 4-6 December, 2016
The 2016 book of abstracts can be downloaded here
Securing efficient and cost-effective solutions to provide green energy and environment remediation are shared critical priorities of many countries: adequate solutions provide invaluable benefits for society whereas, if left unattended, have the potential to spiral into severe problems or regional crisis. NANOMXCN-2016 will provide an international forum for prominent scientist interested in the development of joint collaborations and scientific exchanges to address these issues. The scientific discussions will focus on advanced strategies enabled by nanomaterials, nanoscience, and nanotechnology, for the optimization of the physical, chemical, and functional properties of the materials used in the development of next generation solutions to these pressing issues.
Major topics for discussion:
- Control of the nano- and micro- structure and composition of materials
- Optimization of the physical and chemical properties of nanomateriales and their response to environmental conditions
- Novel strategies to harness the benefits of enhanced surface-to-volume ratio and particle/quasiparticle confinement
- Use of nanostructured system design for enhanced device performance
NANOMXCN provides a specialised forum for prominent scientist of China, including Hong Kong SAR, and Mexico interested in the development of joint collaborations and scientific exchange to address these issues.
Fundamental of NANOMXCNs proposal is the renewed interest between Mexico and China to establish increased cooperation links in many fields including science and technology. NANOMXCN-2016 builds from the success of the first event that took place in Cancun, Mexico the 15 and 16, August 2015. The second part of NANOMXCN series of scientific workshops and meetings hosted in City University of Hong Kong on 4-6 Dec, 2016.
Call for abstracts on topics including, but not limited, to:
- New synthesis and surface engineering methods for the fabrication of nanomaterials
- Hierarchical nano-to-micro control of structure and composition
- Energy harvesting and storage
- Hard nanostructured surfaces for optical/optoelectronic applications
- Corrosion resistant nanostructured surfaces with enhanced catalytic properties
- Plasmonic effects for ultrasensitive detection of pollutants and photo-catalysis
- Nanoporous surfaces and membranes
- Nanotechnologies for environmental remediation
- Water purification, desalination, and disinfection
- Air purification, air and surfaces
- Advanced characterization and control of interfaces and device performance
- Computer modeling for characterization and optimization of nano systems and devices